Thursday, April 18, 2019

LUMIPro's Photography and Art Gallery Features Roxi Richez!

Hello Everyone! I am excited to have LUMIPro's Gallery bring you the wonderful photography of Roxi Richez! She is an amazing artist who I know you guys are going to love. The show details will be below, but first I thought I would share her interview with you.

Sam: I am so excited to have the opportunity to not only interview a friend but an amazing as well! So first question… How did you hear about Second Life, and what got you started?

I was actually in an adult cam chat room back in the day when a friend of mine told me about this place he had found called Second Life. He said if you can think it you can do it so I made an account and logged in. I didn’t stay long the first time but gave it another try when he offered to show me around. Other than a break for some real life things going on I’ve been hooked ever since.

Sam: What are some of the things that you love about Second Life? What keeps you coming back?

There is so much here that I love. I love the people. I have made some of my best friends here in second life. I love the creativity I see everywhere. The builds, the clothes, the pictures, the sims. So much talent in one spot.


Sam: You are definitely one of my favorite photographers. What got you started?

I was bored one day looking for something to do and I walked into the Callie Cline store. There was a black and white photo on the wall that made me say oh damn I want to be able to do that. I wandered around some more to see what it would take to do that and my passion was born.

Sam: Why do you take photos? Are you trying to say something to the world?

Photos are how I relax. It’s also how I can express myself. It’s not so much telling the world something as much as it is sharing a bit of myself with others. Sometimes its easier to show a bit of yourself than to tell it.


Sam: When you decide you want to do a new photo what is your creative process like from start to finish?

I’ll be honest I never just decide I’m going to do a new photo. Something rings a bell in my head. A prop, an outfit, a song will get in there and it won’t leave me alone until I get it out. There is no telling where or when it will hit me, but when it does, it won’t leave me alone until I do. I let that simmer in my brain for a bit working out what I might like to do then I start putting things together. Outfits, backdrops, and poses. Each picture is different, so I go about it in different ways. 

Sam: What advice would you give to new photographers in Second Life?

Ask questions, find a mentor, join groups. Most of all find YOUR style. Don’t try to be what someone else thinks you should be. You will be much happier doing what you like. Oh and buy a Lumipro – it will save you tons of time.


Sam: Do you have any photography inspirations in either Second Life or Real Life?

There are so many amazing photographers in Second Life I can’t even begin to name them. In real life, I totally adore Luis Royo and his so very twisted talents.

Sam: So how about we talk about the hud that brought us together, LUMIPro! How did you hear about LUMIPro, and what made you decide to take the plunge and get the HUD?

Now, Sam, I’ve been in SL for a long long time and my memory isn’t that good. I don’t remember who told me about it, but I’ve always struggled with lighting and keeping poses in order. When I saw that Lumipro could keep my poses organized and that it would help me with lighting I was sold. All the other extras were lagniappe.


Sam: Do you have a favorite LUMIPro feature?

The lighting features would have to be my favorite followed closely by the posing.

Sam: If you could pick a new LUMIPro feature what would it be?

If by some chance they could incorporate something like anypose into it that would make me and a ton of other photographers happy as clams.


Sam: Thank you for indulging me and talking about LUMIPro. So tell me something else… Maybe share something our readers won’t know. What makes you who you are?

I’m a bit of an introvert and shy no matter what my pictures say. 

Sam: And last but not least what are your hopes for your future in Second Life?

I really just go with the flow when it comes to Second Life. Second life is for fun and relaxation. So I guess that would be my hope for my future to continue to have fun and grow in my hobby.

It was wonderful to sit down with Roxi. She is a great human being and an amazing artist. To see even more of her work check out Roxi's Flickr

The gallery show will take place Saturday, April 20th from 5-7PM SLT. DJ Pina Colada will be there to keep us all entertained. I hope to see everyone there!


Until next time... Be Bold, Be Creative, and Happy Shooting!
 





 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment